The Muslim Tribune publishes only premium content (Text and Pictorial content) that's especially produced for The Muslim Tribune (www.muslimtribune.org) or voluntarily sent by its writers to The Muslim Tribune Editorial Desk for publication. In other words, every single piece of content on The Muslim Tribune (www.muslimtribune.org) is produced in house), and is not to be re-used, re-distributed or copied for any purpose, whether individual or commercial use.
The Muslim Tribune is committed to respecting the privacy rights of users of this platform.
- As a general and most important policy of The Muslim Tribune, none of the content used on www.muslimtribune.org, whether text or pictorial content, is to be copied or re-distributed, or re-used by any other entity, let it be online or offline.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
(a)Traffic Data. Like most website operators, The Muslim Tribune automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including:
(i) IP addresses;
(ii) domain servers;
(iii)types of Web browsers accessing the The Muslim Tribune. Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify You.
(b)Cookies. A “Cookie” is a string of information that a website stores on a user’s computer, and that the user’s browser provides to the website each time the user submits a query to the website. The purpose of a Cookie is to identify the user as a unique user of the Website.
(c) Personal Information.
In order for you to use particular features and applications on The Muslim Tribune, You may be asked to provide certain information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, without limitation:
(1) “Contact Data” (such as Your name, phone or mobile number and e-mail address) and
(2) “Demographic Data” (such as age and time zone). In each case, You will be asked to provide Personal Information; The Muslim Tribune will not gather it surreptitiously.
You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain of the applications on The Muslim Tribune.
(d) Information You Make Public.
The Muslim Tribune contains features (e.g. dubmit article, forums, shouts and others) that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other, including your Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which The Muslim Tribune is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information through means of such applications, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
2. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
(a)Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies
The Muslim Tribune analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help the website administration better understand who is using the website and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, The Muslim Tribune is able to better design the website to improve your experience, and to serve you more relevant and interesting content. From time to time, The Muslim Tribune may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
However, The Muslim Tribune does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personal Information.
(i)Generally The Muslim Tribune uses your contact data to send you information about the website and The Muslim Tribune’s latest updates, and to contact you when necessary in connection with The Muslim Tribune Project. The Muslim tribune uses your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the website. As with Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, from time to time The Muslim Tribune may release Demographic Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the website.
Except under the following circumstances, The Muslim Tribune will keep Your Personal Information private, and will not share it with third parties:
• Disclosure in Connection with Services. The Muslim Tribune discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide Services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
• By Law or to Protect Rights. The Muslim Tribune discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when The Muslim Tribune believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of The Muslim Tribune, third parties or the public at large.
3. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Muslim Tribune has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Your Personal Information.
You may subscribe to receive The Muslim Tribune newsletters. Each newsletter has clear instructions about how to unsubscribe. Should You subscribe to the newsletter and later wish to unsubscribe, You can opt-out of receiving the newsletter at anytime by following the unsubscribe instructions contained therein.
5. LOST OR STOLEN INFORMATION
You must promptly notify us if Your user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that user name or password from Your account and update our records accordingly.
6. USER ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Muslim Tribune wants your Personal Information to be credible accurate. You represent and warrant that all information you provide on any registration form or otherwise in connection with your use of The Muslim Tribune and its applications will be credible, and that you will update that information as necessary to maintain its credibility. Through Your personal profile You may review and update You Personal Information that is stored on the website.
7. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
8. PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
We pray that you enjoy a fruitful experience on The Muslim Tribune Platform inshaAllah
Lots of Love and Duas
The Muslim Tribune Team
Last Updated 4-24-2011